Thursday, October 13

Ch-ch-ch-Changes

Big news everybody:  If you haven't already heard, we are expecting our first baby! 

Also, it's a.... BOY! 
Here's his ultrasound. Look at him flex that muscle for us already!

I really wanted to have a boy first, mostly because I have an older brother and I guess I just like the way that works out. As my pregnancy wore on, I became more and more convinced that it was going to be a girl, probably as a mechanism to prevent myself from feeling disappointed from what I 'wanted.' Not that I don't want a girl; I just imagined having a boy first. Now that we know that news, I am so thrilled! I can't wait to have our baby boy, even though it's going to be crazy to be a mother. I know Tom is thrilled too. We are so excited for this next stage in our lives... He is due February 29th of next year- leap year! (My Mom keeps calling our un-named baby leapfrog because he's due on leap year. It cracks me up, especially because chances are, he won't be born on leap year.)

Recently, we have been living at my parent's house since we moved from Idaho in August. It has been so much fun hanging out with my family again, meeting our cute niece Sadie, and enjoying the brutal heat (August was somethin' terrible). 

In other big news, Thomas got a job! He works at a local online advertising company, Yodle. He works there with my brother and so far, he has been enjoying it. He gets to work with really nice people and he seems to be liking it, which is important to me. Now that we know we are staying in Arizona for a little while, we are looking for a place to live and I am looking for a job, even if it's just temporary. 

I'm glad we're staying in Arizona, even though I wanted Tom to find a job somewhere we've never lived before. I guess I like moving and feeling that 'fresh-start, new adventure' sort of feeling that comes with it. (Side note: when I went to BYU-Idaho, I had never even been to Idaho, and that was thrilling to me.) But, we'll be here with my side of the family and all the support that comes with it. Now that we're having our first baby, we're going to need that familial support. 

1 comment:

Wendyrful said...

Arianne, That's soooo exciting! I have to say I always thought it would be kind of cool to have Feb 29th as a birthday! And yes, the odds of a baby actually being born on his DUE date, are very slim~ it happens occasionally, but over all babies don't read calendars, and come when they are ready.

Amanda could have been a leap baby, IF it had been LEAP year!!! ha ha! She was due in March, but when my water broke, after I went to bed, I remember thinking I needed to look at the clock to see what day (Month it was). She was born at 1:30 in the am on March 1st.

Best of luck! keep posting updates! :)

Post a Comment