Friday, March 23

life with a baby

Obviously, life is different for us now that we have a baby. I stay home with him and I absolutely love it! Of course I miss feeling like I'm accomplishing Things, but I remind myself that I already completed one of my biggest life goals last year (graduate from college). I also remind myself that I'm doing the most important job in the world: raising a child. That's not to say that I will never have a paying job again, but it sure is nice to have this time to spend with my son. I'm so lucky to have a husband who works hard and allows us the luxury of having me be a stay at home mom. I love him!

 One thing I have learned about myself is that I actually like cooking. Go figure! When we first brought baby Dean home, my Mom brought us meals every other night. She's pretty amazing, I know. Then, Tom's parents came into town and took care of pretty much all our meals. It was great, but I started to miss cooking. Fortunately, things are settling down for us and we're better able to cope with caring for a baby and I have had the time to cook dinner again. Yesterday, I made fajitas and fresh guacamole. Then, I made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. It was all so good and I'm so glad that it doesn't take Dean as long to nurse because I have a lot more time to do things like cook again.

 I am loving motherhood, even though it feels pretty overwhelming at times. Going to his doctor's appointments and hearing that he's the right height/weight and totally healthy helps with those feelings. I love being able to cuddle and kiss and hold my sweet new son all day long.

I love my little boy.
I love that he stares into my eyes.
that he turns my husband into a softie.
that he smiles and laughs in his sleep.
that he looks like Thomas, but a little like me.
that he is usually grumpy when he wakes up (like me).
that he has more hair than most one year olds.
that he's already my little sidekick.
that he is the strongest newborn ever (seriously).

that he falls asleep in my lap, on my shoulder and yes, on my breast.
Mostly I love that he prefers his Mama to all others.



As a late Birthday present, Tom got me an iPad. Best gift for a nursing mom ever! When nursing, my options were: sit pretty, watch tv, stare out window, try to use laptop that is precociously propped next to me on the couch. Now, I use my iPad to surf the web, read books, listen to music, watch shows. Our laptop (although small) is just too big for me to use with a baby in my lap (it is a laptop, after all). iPad= perfect size. Thank you Tom (and while we're at it, Steve Jobs)! Great gift.

While we're on the iPad topic, Blogger seriously needs to create an iPad app. There's an iPhone app, but no iPad one. Get on it, Blogger! Much appreciated.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

Loved this post. You read my thoughts on Motherhood. I'm so glad you're enjoying it! Congratulations!!!!! Your little one is adorable! :)

Post a Comment