Monday, April 23

happy birthday Juanita

Today is my fabulous mother-in-law's birthday! We are wishing her a very special and happy birthday from afar. Since she lives in Miami and we are in AZ, we aren't there to join in with her. We wish we were because she is one fun lady to hang with. Juanita is originally from Bolivia and moved permanently to the states when Tom was just a baby. She had to learn English, the American culture, how to be a mom, and started cutting hair.

Juanita is probably one of the most passionate mothers I have ever met. Tom is such a mama's boy that it's not even funny, but I don't blame him because she is such a loving mother, and it would be hard not to be. Since I've joined the family, I too, have become ridiculously spoiled by her. She loves to take me shopping and boy do I love it (so does my didn't-know-what-it-was-missing wardrobe). Not only does she have great fashion sense, but Juanita is also an awesome hairdresser. So awesome that I haven't paid for a haircut since I first met her. She always does a great job and is willing to cut it just how we like it.

Her new favorite person is her grandson, Dean. See, Tom is a mama's boy partly because he is an only child. Now, Dean is their only first and only grandchild (for now) and they are obsessed. Yay for technology because baby Dean gets to Skype with Grandma and Grandpa Chambers nearly every single day. Juanita loves Dean and he loves his Grandma! We love and miss you Juanita! Hope your Birthday is extra special!

No comments:

Post a Comment