Friday, August 10

going back east

the jig is up; we're moving. to florida. for now.

...as if that's not confusing enough. 

let's start from the beginning. when Tom and I moved down here after graduation last August, we didn't know if or for how long we'd be staying. when Tom got a job here, we realized it would be a little longer. well, two jobs (for Tom) and one baby later, we're saying goodbye to my hometown. we never really planned on staying in Arizona for too long because, honestly, it never quite felt like home to either of us. my parents' house feels like home, and everything else is quite familiar, but we knew deep in our heart that it's not where we're meant to be right now.

so...when we moved into our apartment and signed a 7 month lease, we had it in our minds that we would either a). move to a new place nearby or b). move out of the state. that lease has been up for 2 months now...decision time.

no, Tom does not have a new job yet. after much prayerful consideration, we have decided that it is now or never. although we're really sad to leave my family, we know this is the right decision for us. it has been the best having my family so close, especially when Dean was born. my parents have been so supportive and let me and Dean come over seriously 4 or 5 times a week. I've also been able to become so much closer with Ashli, my sis-in-law. I especially am going to miss my family. a lot. I wish they would all follow us wherever we move because, seriously guys? it was 114 degrees today. get real.

our plan is to stay with Tom's parents as he searches for a new job. I want him to find a job that he enjoys. it would be ideal to already have one lined up, but we still feel this is the right decision for us.

for now, we don't know exactly where we'll end up, but we're prayerfully and somewhat carefully making our plans. wish us luck on our adventure!
*this picture is from our trip to Old Town San Diego and Dean is turned around not because we didn't want him in the picture, but because he fell asleep...sweet little pup!

No comments:

Post a Comment