Sunday, February 24

i'm 25

I don't know how it happened, but somehow I reached the age about which people say, "well, I'm not 25 anymore" when they're older. my birthday was great, but this was the first birthday I realized how old I'm getting. I guess I should be more excited about it; after all, I did graduate from college, get married and have a baby all before I turned 25, so clearly my life is headed in a good direction. it's just hard to tell people that I'm 25 when I don't know how I got past 19. the years go by so fast.

on the bright side, I don't think I quite look my age yet. some of the young women in my ward told me I look years younger than I am (one thought I was 16 the first time she saw me! she asked her friend who the new girl was...sweet girl).

anyway, to celebrate, Tom took me out to Shibui; our favorite sushi place! Tom bought me a new watch and we ate cake with Dean and my in-laws. a very nice, very relaxed birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment