Wednesday, July 1

Trips with Thomas

This post is about my trips with Thomas. We have already gone on two since we started dating just over a month ago. We went to Yellowstone and to Las Vegas (no, we didn't elope). Here are some pictures from the always gorgeous Yellowstone:
We didn't get to take a lot of pictures together because it was just us; but here is one.

Tom in front of a hot spring.

Here I am in front of a Buffalo. They were everywhere.

Here is Tom in front of a river. This experience was very freeing.

Then, Tom scared away the Buffalo that was in our way, right on the trail at the beginning of our hike.

This was at the top of our hike. Like I said, the whole trip to Yellowstone was very freeing.

Here is a gorgeous waterfall. Love them!
Of course, we saw Old Faithful...oh, the glory. We got reception and talked on the phone there too, so it was a good stop. Unfortunately, I don't have any of those pictures. But, they're cliche anyway, so it's better without.

Overall, the trip was great! It was cold at night, our tent was a little pathetic and it rained the first day/night, but we loved it. We saw two black bears, two grizzly bears, many buffalo, a few deer and elk. We didn't see any wolves or moose, but we feel that we still did good. I made us go the long way so we could get a good look at the vast and glorious Yellowstone Lake, which still had frozen ice chunks in it. And, that was Tom's first trip to Yellowstone (my second).

So, Tom surprised me with a trip to Las Vegas, baby! I had work off one entire weekend (impressive for a retail worker) so he told me to pack my bags- nothing more than that. I had no idea where we were headed until we got about half an hour away in Idaho Falls. He finally told me of our destination and I was thrilled to be somewhere that the temperature would be over 70 degrees Fahrenheit. Most of what we did was walk around and look at stuff. We ate at delicious places (which was quite the excitement compared to Rexburg).
We had lots of fun exploring the city that I usually just pass through and Thomas had never seen before.

We went to the top of the Stratosphere and looked around the city. In my defense, it was very windy at the top, so that's why my hair looks so...well, it looks bad.


Tom looked very contemplative on the bench, so I took a candid picture of him.

We got all dressed up one night and went out to eat. This is us before we left. Yay.

We went swimming- and let me tell you, those 80+ temperatures were just what an Arizona girl needed. This was our feet by the pool and some old guy who was kind of weird. There are lots of weird people in Vegas.

Tom really relaxed by the pool. He got back in touch with his natural chi. Ha ha.

So, Las Vegas was a success. We saw a Vegas bride, a girl throwing up because of her drunken state, a prostitute (sad), and many partiers. It was a successful vacation- fast, but successful! Thanks for the amazing trip, Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment