Tuesday, July 6

4th of July

First of all, MY PARENTS CAME TO VISIT! They dropped Dallin (my little brother) off at EFY in Provo, and stayed on the I-15 all the way up to Idaho to see me and my sister. It was wonderful having them with us. My Mom helped me cook and clean and bought us food and new clothes! And, after my Dad got back from his intense man hike, he took us to the movies (even to Eclipse!) and bowling. We spent our Fourth (really 3rd) of July watching fireworks in Idaho Falls with them.
Here we are, by the Snake River, waiting for the fireworks to start:
Like mother like daughter
Thought it was a good spot...until the fireworks started. Our view was completely blocked by a huge tree and we had to move.
Some patriotism across our faces.
The beautiful Idaho Falls Temple, from behind some brush.
Here's my parents watching the fireworks, in Red, White and Blue colors.

Then, on Monday on our day off of school we went to Grand Teton National Park and went on a beautiful hike by Jenny Lake to Hidden Falls. Afterwards, we went whitewater rafting with Tom's Uncle John and cousins, Rendon and Tevin. Rendon set it all up, and we had a blast! We went that evening and we didn't get out of the water until nearly 10pm! Needless to say, it was freezing by the time we got done, but it was worth it. There were many times that I thought I (or someone else) was going to fall in the Snake river, but our fellow rafters did us no wrong. I'm so glad we got to go; it was Tom's first time whitewater rafting and it was awesome!
Here's some pictures from our hike:
The lovely Jenny Lake
Hidden Falls!

Also, me and Tom ran in a race two weekends ago. We joined up with the Peterson family of Firth to run one leg of the race each (5 miles). Sadly, it almost killed me. But, we did it and had a great time!
Here's some pics:
Right after the race
Here is almost everyone who ran!

1 comment:

The Chambers said...

what a fun post! LOVE IT! you guys are so active and are having so much fun! I miss Idaho for this reason and this reason only. There is so much to do there and it's GORGEOUS! I wish I could have come and played with you guys! it sounded like everyone had a great time. you look beautiful as always! hope all is well! :O) xoxo

Post a Comment