Friday, February 11

Day 9: Girl Power

I love girl nights, shopping, dressing up, chick flicks and chatting. I love being a girl.

A friend in my ward organized these girls' night outs and I am so glad that I have been included. I've only gone to two so far, but I have had so much fun at them. She organized them with most of the newly married women in the ward; only a few have children so we're all right around the same age.

When I moved away for college, I forgot how to meet and become friends with girls. At school, I made good friends with my neighbor Sarah and the next semester we were roommates. Of course, her best friend NaTaya also became my roommate and we three had a blast. After Sarah left us to get married, Taya and I stayed roommates and it was so easy not to meet any other girls for real. At school when I was single, I would meet boys to date and be friends with, and then I had my roommate girlfriends.

Upon getting married, however, I realized that no longer living with girls also meant I no longer had a plethora of girlfriends who I saw all the time. I still have girlfriends on campus, and we hangout with some couple friends, but it's just a different dynamic now.

That's why girl nights are great. I have been able to hangout with girls my own age who live in the same city and who are doing something similar to what I am doing right now. I already have a couple girlfriends here in Miami who I know through Tom's best guy friends, but now we've been able to hangout without the boys. Being a girl is awesome; getting together with girls is even better.


No comments:

Post a Comment